Resilence: let's start again from where we never stopped
The COVID-19 pandemic, which greatly affected the last two years, prompted us to implement every useful action to prevent and contain the possible contagion within our sites and our production plants and has led us to maintain specific measures to protect the health of workers, to allow the continuation of business activities in the presence of a social risk that has been added to those typical of the production cycle.
antigen tests performed during 2021
daily body temperature readings
surgical face marks purchased
of resources, in compatible roles, have used agile working
EMERGENCY CONTROL ROOM
The Company immediately set up a Crisis Management Team at a central level, to which the following tasks were assigned:
- constantly monitor the development of COVID-19-related issues;
- coordinate, in agreement with the Managers of each Production Site, timing and scope of interventions;
- make operational, on the basis of indications from the competent Authorities at national and/or regional level, the measures progressively identified to protect the health of the workers and community;
- prepare a contingency plan to be put in place in the event a case of COVID-19 is reported (Fincantieri employees or third parties). The plan, elaborated immediately, provides, with the involvement of the local Health Authorities and information to the Workers' Representatives, the following steps:
- identification of the people in closest contact with the person concerned;
- identification and segregation of the areas where the person concerned has worked until sanitation has been carried out;
- ban and/or segregation of the common rooms (changing rooms, canteen, goods lifts, lifts, etc.) used by the person concerned until sanitation has been carried out.
Both Italian and foreign companies have maintained the initiatives and containment measures adopted in 2020, in line with the models developed by the Crisis Management Team set up to manage the pandemic at Group level (temperature measurement, constant use of surgical masks, sanitization of work environments, organization of activities over several shifts).
During 2021, Fincantieri S.p.A. and its Italian subsidiaries have pursued further initiatives with a view to preventing and containing COVID-19 infections, actively collaborating with the competent Local Health Authorities, to make vaccination available to its own personnel and to the personnel of the satellite businesses.
In addition, all the measures already activated previously were maintained and implemented, such as the possibility of using smart working, where compatible, and the preferential use of IT for meetings, as well as the execution of antigen tests on samples of the working population for the early detection of people who test positive, including those who are asymptomatic. The flu vaccine was also made available to all personnel concerned.